- You must only access these services if you are 12 years and older. If you are located in the United States, you must be 13 years and older to access these services.
Personal Information for EU residents
- If you are in the European Union (“EU”), Iceland, Norway, Lichtenstein or the United Kingdom, you may have extra rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) concerning your Personal Information, as detailed in the EU Privacy Notice below.
- When you register with us and access our services, you become a Epsychonline User. When you choose to register, we will ask you for Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to data or information about you that can be used to identify or individually contact you. This covers but is not limited to the following, your name, email address, the location where you are accessing the service from. However, it does not include your credit card number or other billing information. Transactions on Epsychonline involving your billing and payment information are processed by other party payment merchants and are subject to their privacy policies. We do not save any of this information that you provide to these payment providers.
- Any personal information or content you voluntarily provide in public areas, especially social media, becomes publicly available. It can be collected and used by other users for any reason. If you need assistance with changing your account settings or with deleting content, please contact us at [email protected] Removal of posted content does not ensure comprehensive removal of the content or information. Some content may not be visible to users but remain on servers in some form. Therefore, you should exercise caution prior to disclosing your Personal Information via these or any other public venues.
- If you sign up for a Epsychonline account, you may have a user account on the Site, which contains your full name and some other information, including your location and email. You may also add optional supplementary information to your Profile. Any data you choose to provide as part of your Profile should indicate how much you want Epsychonline to know about you. We recommend that you protect your anonymity and sensitive data, and we encourage users to think carefully about what kind of information they share prior to the act. You can change your Profile at any time.
Information on Cookies
- There are two types of Cookies we use; “session Cookies” and “persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies are temporary Cookies stored on your device while you are visiting our Site or using our Services. In contrast, “persistent Cookies” are stored on your device for a set period of time after you leave our Site or Services. The amount of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device depends on the Cookie. We use persistent Cookies to save your preferences so that it is available for your next visit. They are there to keep a more precise account of how often you visit our Services, how often you come back, how your use of the Services changes over time.
- Some Cookies are placed by other parties on your device and may provide information to other parties and us about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site or Services, the pages you have been to and the links you have clicked). These Cookies may be used to determine whether certain other party services are being used, identify your interests, retarget advertisements to you, and serve advertisements that we or others believe are relevant to you. We have no control over these other parties Cookies.
- We may, in addition, use the following types of Cookies.
- Essential Cookies. These are needed for providing you with the features or services that you have wanted. For instance, some Cookies permit you to log in to certain parts of our Site. Disabling these Cookies may make some features and services unavailable.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and note your interests which enables us to provide advertising that we believe is more relevant to you.
- Functionality Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your settings and choices about our Services, maintain your preferred options over time and identify you when you return to our Services. These Cookies enable us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Analytical Cookies. Analytical Cookies allow us to learn how visitors use our Services and Site. Including collecting data about the daily number of visitors to the Services, the daily calls we receive for certain files on the Services, and what location those requests come from. These aggregated numbers are used by us internally to provide better services to the user. They may also be provided to other parties.
- Performance Cookies also help us monitor our advertising efforts’ performance to help us better our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who interact with our advertisements.
- You have a choice whether to or not accept Cookies. You can do this from your internet browser settings. Most if not all browsers have the option of switching off the cookie feature. This will stop your browser from receiving new Cookies and decide on getting each new Cookie in various ways. You can also remove all Cookies that are currently stored on your computer. If you do this, you may have to adjust some preferences every time you visit a site. In addition, some services and functions may not work.
- To explore what Cookie settings are open to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu.
- A cookie is used to show you another website’s particular page. The information obtained may be used to tailor our advertising to suit your needs and, in turn, only showcase ads relevant to you.
- We may present interest-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through a tool administered by Facebook. This tool allows us to tailor our ads in relation to your use of the Services. We do not provide any of your information with Facebook. The tool lets us alter your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to equate to unique numbers Facebook creates from the email of its users.
- If we are acquired or merge with a third-party entity, we reserve the right to assign the information we have collected from all parties, including without limitation personal information, as part of such acquisition, merger or other change of control. In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated or used.
Transfers of Data and Information
- The Services are hosted in data centers in different locations. If you are obtaining access to the Services from the European Union (EU), please see the section below titled “Transfers of Personal Information” in the EU.
California Civil Code
- California Civil Code permits users of the Services residing in California to request information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send an email with ‘California Civil Code’ in the subject heading to [email protected]
EU Privacy Notice
- If you are residing in the European Union (“EU”), Lichtenstein, United Kingdom, Norway, or Iceland, you may have rights by means of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) concerning your Personal Information, as outlined below.
What personal information is collected?
- We collect personal information about you at times when you provide such data directly to us, when other parties such as service providers or our business partners provide us with your Personal Information. Or when personal information regarding you is automatically collected in relation with your use of Epsychonline.
Information you provide us directly:
We receive personal information when you provide us with such Personal Information, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Biographical information
- Location information including city, state, postcode, country, and time zone
- Social media accounts
- Any other information you share publicly via the Services
Information we automatically collate when you use our Services:
Some Personal Information is routinely collected when you use our Services. Including the following:
- Device identification information and access times
- Page view statistics
- Location information, including IP address
- Your activity on the Services. This includes Course enrollment and which week’s you have accessed. It also includes other interactions you are having on the platform.
- Web browser information and browsing history
- Transaction information, including amount, the date and time these transactions occurred
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
Information we obtain from third party sources
Some other parties such as service providers and our business partners provide us with your Personal Information, including the following:
- Information from advertising partners: We receive data about you from our service providers who assist us with promotional services related to how you engage with our websites, applications, services, communications or advertisements.
- Account information from other parties: If you are involved with a third-party service when using our Services, for instance, if you use a third-party service to access our Services (e.g., Facebook Connect), or if you distribute content from our Services on to a third party social media service, that other service will provide us data about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third-party service and your account settings with them allow such sharing. The information we obtain will be in accordance with the policies and your account profile with the third party service.
How Do We Use your Personal Information?
We process Personal Information to provide, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Information to:
- Create and administer user accounts and profiles
- Personalize our Services. This includes showing users their saved Courses and providing Course recommendations.
- Provide users with additional features
- Communicate with you regarding the Services
- Contact you with offers, updates and promotions regarding the Services
- Process orders
- Provide help and support for the Services
- Examine and improve the Services
- Meet contract or legal duties
- Respond and fulfil user questions and requests
- Resolve disagreements
- Protect against or deter dishonest, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms
- Complete corporate transactions
We will only prepare your Personal Information if and when we have a lawful justification for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual obligation and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others. Please see below for elaboration.
- Legitimate Interest: We prepare the following categories of Personal Information if we consider it furthers the legitimate interest of us or other parties.
- First and last name
- IP address
- Email address
- Location data
- Your activity on the Services
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Providing and improvement of our business and services
- Advertising our Services
- Personalization of the Service
- Facilitating legal obligations
- Analyzing your use of the Services
- Customer care provision
- Protection from security threats
- Completion of transactions
- Contractual Obligation: We treat the following kinds of Personal Information as a matter of “contractual necessity”, which means that we have to process the data to meet our obligations under our Terms with you. This in turn, allows us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual obligation, failure to provide Personal Information will impact your inability to use some, and in certain instances, all portions of the Services that need such information.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Consent: In some instances, we process Personal Information based of the consent you expressly grant to us when we collect such data. When we prepare Personal Information based on your consent, it will be clearly indicated to you at the time of collection.
- Other Grounds for Process: We may also need to process Personal Information to meet a legal obligation. This may be in instances necessary to protect the interests of you or other subjects or if it is required for a task carried out in the interest of the public.
When Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors
- Marketing tools
- Hosting service providers
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Third-party providers of advertising services
- Analytics providers
- Development and engineering tools
- Staff augmentation and other contract personnel
We also share Personal Information if necessary to complete a transaction authorized by you or to provide you with a service you have requested. In addition to what is set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users when and where you post information publicly
- Third-party business partners whom you can reach through the Services
- Social media providers if and when you interact with them through your use of the Services
We also yield Personal Information when we deem it is necessary to do the following:
- Comply with the law or in order to respond to legal process. This includes law enforcement or other government bureaus.
- Protect us, our Services or our users. To enforce our terms of service, stop spam or other uninvited communications and protect against fraud.
- Control the security of our services.
We share information with other parties when you consent us to do so. In addition, you acknowledge that we may move your Personal Information, and that any purchaser of us or our assets may proceed to use your Personal Information, as outlined above.
Duration of retention of Personal Information
- We retain Personal Information as long as you have an open account with us or as it is deemed necessary to provide you Services. In some instances, we keep Personal Information for longer if it is deemed necessary to meet our legal obligations, resolve disagreements or collect fees due. or if it is permitted or obligated by applicable law or regulations. Afterwards, we keep some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form, however, not in a way that would identify you.
Security Measures We Use
- We seek to protect Personal Information using appropriate technical measures based on the nature of Personal Information and suitable processing activity.
Personal Information of Children
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 12.
Rights regarding Your Personal Information
- You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information, including those detailed in this document. For more information about these rights, please email [email protected] Please be aware that in some circumstances, we will not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is deemed trifling or highly impractical, if it negatively impacts the rights of other parties, or if it is not needed by law. In those instances, we will attempt to respond to you with our decision. In other circumstances, we may also require you to provide us with extra information, which may include Personal Information, if we need it to ascertain your identity and better understand your request.
- Access: You can request additional information about the Personal Information we have about you. In addition, you can request a copy of such Personal Information. You can contact us at [email protected] if you would like more information.
- Rectification: If you think that Personal Information we are holding about you is inaccurate, you can request that we fix such data. You can also rectify some of it directly by making alterations to your Profile. In addition, you can request that we fix or update such data by emailing [email protected]
- Removal: You can request that we remove any of your Personal Information from our systems by emailing [email protected]
- Portability: You can request a copy of your Personal Information in an appropriate format. In addition, you can request that we transfer this data to another device where feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are preparing any of your Personal Information based on your consent, you can remove your consent. However, if you do exercise this right, you will have to provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use of your Personal Information if such disclosure is needed to allow you to use some or all of our Services.
- Objection: You can inform us that you object to the ongoing use or disclosure of your Personal Information for specific purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can request that restrict ongoing processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to File a Complaint: You have the right to complain about Epsychonline’s practices regarding your Personal Information with the appropriate authority of your country.
Transfers of Personal Information
- The Services are operated and hosted worldwide through Epsychonline and its service providers, and if you do not reside in Ajman, United Arab Emirates the laws applicable here may differ from the laws where you live. By using the Services, you acknowledge and accept that Personal Information regarding you, regardless of whether provided by you or received from another party, is being provided to Epsychonline. And will be hosted on worldwide servers. In addition, you approve Epsychonline to transfer, save and process your information in any country. You, from this moment onwards, consent to the transfer of your data.
- Epsychonline is committed to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework regarding the gathering and use of Personal Information transferred from the EU. These Principles are:
- accountability for onward transfer
- data integrity and purpose limitation
- recourse, enforcement and responsibility with regards to all Personal Information received from within the EU in accordance with the Privacy Shield.
- The Privacy Shield Principles require that we may be potentially liable if any other party processing Personal Information on behalf of us fails to meet these Privacy Shield Principles. Epsychonline’s compliance with the Privacy Shield is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- Please contact us at [email protected] with queries relating to the Privacy Shield. We will endeavor to respond promptly.