Additionally, signs and symptoms of a panic attack may mimic a heart attack. So it is natural that you get confused. Even if a panic attack may not kill you but you will get affected by it. Your body will suffer from extreme symptoms. And it can damage your mental and physical health. When you are facing stressful situations in your life then it becomes common. But repeated attacks may be a warning sign for a disorder. Therefore, you need to get yourself checked by a professional.
In this article, we will discuss panic attacks in detail. Then we will learn about the effect of a panic attack on our body. Furthermore, ways to deal with that problem
Can You Die From a Panic Attack?
Furthermore, you can get a panic attack during sleep. And your fears will further increase. As you will think that you can die on your bed. This cycle will go on unless you follow a proper treatment plan. Because the symptoms of the panic attack are related to a heart attack you will be extremely scared. And not able to sleep in fear of dying. And hence your body cycle will be affected. You will have heavy breathing and lead to tension in your body. Sometimes you will hyperventilate. Similarly when you are hyperactive then you will be alert and alert others. This action is done by the mind in fear that you will need help when you are dying. So, you make sure someone is there to help you.
Additionally, women are more likely to experience panic attacks than men. And it can happen in different age groups. Moreover, young adults and teenagers are more vulnerable to attacks.
Signs of Panic
- First of all, your heart rate will increase. Likewise, you will have chest pain. And you will feel your heart throbbing in your body. And you will have thoughts like can you die from a panic attack? Or can anxiety kill you?
- Second of all, your breathing will become rapid. And you will hyperventilate. And because of this, you will feel lightheaded and faint.
- Third of all, you will have nausea. Moreover, you will fear losing control. Likewise, you can have an extreme feeling of terror that does not go away for a few minutes.
- Next of all, you feel that you are going to die. And so you are terrified. But here you should learn to calm down. Because your fear is going to bundle up inside you.
- Furthermore, you sweat a lot. And it is your body’s natural process to cool down. Then you will tremble or shake with fear. Likewise, you can also experience tingling and numbness in different areas of your body.
- You will feel that someone is trying to choke you. As you will not be able to breathe. And your body will not get enough oxygen.
- Moreover, you have perpetual worry. And this worry is about having panic attacks in the future. Also, when you are out of home then this worry becomes immense. You lose control over your nervousness.
- Furthermore, you change your actions to avoid situations creating panic. For instance, you can climb 20 floors. But would not take an elevator. This is the extent you can go to avoid the situation.
Treatment of Panic Attack
Second of all, when you are having panic attacks. And not becoming better from therapy then medicine will work. For instance anti-anxiety medicine. And anti-depressants also help. But some of the drugs are addictive. So, you cannot take them for a long time. Moreover, you need to have a prescription from your doctor. Some medicine will give you quick relief. But many others take several weeks to show results. Moreover, other drugs like beta blockers can reduce symptoms of anxiety. But then again they are not for long-term use.
You see, both the therapy and drugs will take time to show results. YOu should be patient with the results. And best results come when they are used in a combination.