Irritable Bowel Disease Syndrome
Check out our awesome trivia challenge
Please verify you are not a robot!
Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome Course
Duration: 6 weeks, self-placed
Have you witnessed a situation when you panicked on stage? You are about to sing a song but you shut yourself in the bathroom to avoid being on stage. Also, you feel so overwhelmed that you fumble and hesitate to perform. So you are suffering from performance anxiety. You should fear or be anxious to be considered performance anxiety. But, your anxiety should not be temporary or due to other illnesses. Now, you should know how to overcome musical performance anxiety? Artists deal with performance anxiety all around the world.
Additionally, you have become dependent on medicine to treat anxiety. Because you cannot live without medicine. Your dependence on the medicine has made it difficult to withdraw. So, you need medical help. Therefore, you need to control the anxiety before it grows out of proportion. You should be ready to face your fears without the use of medicine. Moreover, there must a reason why your performance anxiety started. You need to find the reason for your fears and work on managing the anxiety. For instance, your anxiety comes from your experience. You have fainted one time, and now you cannot forget that incident and you keep fearing that you will faint. Moreover, when you hear about performing on stage, you feel dizzy. And your heartbeat rises and you become tense. Hence, you need help from a therapist.
How to Overcome Musical Performance Anxiety?
Furthermore you can use some tricks that will help you overcome performance anxiety.
- You can focus on one person or spot when you are on stage and ignore others. If you are going to get distracted with hate or negative comments from the audience then you are bound to get nervous. So, get your focus right. You can concentrate on the positive things around you. And you need to keep calm and relax.
- Secondly, you need not be too serious. You can laugh and relax when you get a chance.
- Thirdly, no matter how much nervous you are, you should look best. When you look good then you will feel good.
Symptoms of Performance Anxiety
- First of all, you will experience body symptoms such as an increase in heart rate, increased breathing, tension in muscles, dry throat, sweating, and so on. Moreover, your legs and hands shake with anxiety. And you cannot focus.
- Secondly, you cannot remember the song which you need to sing. Your anxiety overwhelms you and you lose focus. Your mind goes blank and you feel dizzy. Moreover, you are in a state of getting faint on the stage.
- Thirdly, you avoid going on the stage altogether. And try to escape from performing.
Causes of Performance Anxiety
- When you put unrealistic goals for yourself then it can cause nervousness. You need to be kind to yourself. If you push yourself too much then you cannot achieve it. You need to keep small goals and try to achieve them.
- Moreover, you have attention to negative things. You need to know that people do not care much. So, your anxiety is getting out of proportion. You need to calm down and relax. People just come to enjoy your song. Moreover, the high expectations that your fans have from you can cripple you sometimes. Many artists as you know fall victim to anxiety when you realize that they have to come up with h expectations of everyone.
- Furthermore, if you get nervous in presence of a lot of many people then you will face stage or performance anxiety. Moreover, you have to perform in front of a lot of people so be prepared.
- Additionally, your performance anxiety can come from a lack of preparedness. If you did not get the time to practice then you will forget and fumble. You should be thoroughly prepared.