You know that all children have their unique personalities despite similarities. And children often react in different ways to new situations. Parents should not form a quick assumption about the personality of a child. Because your child’s personality is a long-term thing and not daily changing moods. You should be open and not react to her/him. Moreover, parents read about different types of behavior of children and try to fit their children into it. But avoid such a situation. You need to foster the uniqueness in your baby and not force him to act in a way. Your child’s personality and temperament will show his learnings and experience. And you should be patient about it. Most often, your child’s temperament will change in different situations.
Additionally, children usually take after their parents. And they follow what you do. If you are aggressive with new things then your children are learning all that from you. SO, you need an ideal parent to hope for an ideal child. Moreover, you should not force your opinion on your child. You should give him space to grow out of his cacoon and learn new things from the environment. Furthermore, overprotective parents take away many learning experiences from their children. You need to be patient if your child is a teenager and he takes his time to learn. Also, do not compare your child to other children as it could harm his self-esteem and confidence level.
Child’s Temperament and Personality
You see there are different types of personalities and temperaments in which children are put into. First of all, some energetic children like to play a lot. They are competitive and like to participate in many activities. Because they are strong-willed they do what they want to. Second of all, some children are lively and cheerful. They have a high sense of imagination. Third of all, some children are deep and like to respect everyone else. They care for others’ opinions and try not to hurt anyone else. Fourthly, some children are thoughtful and diplomatic.
Even though there are various features of children described above, it is not necessary that they would fit into one category. So, you should not try to see your children as type this or that. Moreover, children change during different situations and modify their behavior.
Furthermore, your child’s temperament is related to how he will react to different situations. For instance, he sees a stranger entering his house and how he reacts to it will show his temperament. Also, along with emotional reaction, temperament includes self-regulation. If he can control his anger or excitement when he needs to then he has good self-control. Additionally,how social he or she is also told about his But you should not judge him based on one or two instances, and remain open to new situations.
- First of all, there is attention seeking children. These children are dramatic and react loudly to time situations. You should teach them to stay calm and steady.
- Second of all, curious type. Who shows interest when she wants to know about her surroundings. You need to be patient with such children. When you are not tolerant of your children’s curious behavior then how will they learn? Encourage them
- Third of all, how does your child is reacting to frustration. Some children are hostile. While other children are quiet to frustration.
- Fourthly, how is she to change in her environment. You can observe your child and understand how she deals |with the change. For instance, if she quickly adapts then this is a good thing. In contrast, if she takes a lot of time to adapt then let her be. You should be a supportive parent.
Child’s Temperament and Personality
Children have different personalities and temperaments. Your child’s personality could be lively or calm type. And your child’s temperament could include his emotional reactions.
You should be accepting your child to change his behavior if he needs to. Moreover, your parenting should be in line with his reactions. Suppose that he is funny and dramatic. And likes to react in a loud way. He cries easily and gets a lot of attention from his surroundings. So, you should not be angry with him. In contrast, you should show your love and care when he reacts to make him calm. Therefore, your reactions are important here. You should try not to yell or shout when you are angry otherwise he will not listen to you. But if he wants your attention and reaction then do not hesitate to show it to him.
Furthermore, if your child reacts less and is calm all the time then you should make him learn to respond with more energy. Moreover, you should show your energy level is high so that he also learns to react in such a way.
Additionally, children who are self-regulated and stay calm in alarming situations know their way out. But you should show your support and care. Because sometimes children just pretend and it takes time to understand. You should let them be vulnerable and learn things. If they are acting tough then they will not be able to show their other side.
Supporting Your Child
Your child’s personality could vary but show support to him. And your child’s temperament could be good. But you need to
- Foster the uniqueness. You know that your child has some special abilities which make him different. And you should appreciate the difference.
- do not compare her to others. If you compare then it could hurt the self-esteem of your child.
- be patient and tolerant with your child. Moreover, getting angry with children will not get you anywhere. You need to be an example for your children. They learn different things from you.
- encourage your child. You should support and encourage your child. So that he does well in his studies and other areas. But if you pinpoint mistakes all the time then he could not build up confidence in himself.
- Think about how your parent dealt with you when you were a child. You can learn from your past experiences.
- Be positive and it could make your children optimistic. Moreover, staying positive will make you happy and contended.
- You need to know that your child’s reactions could just be temporary. And therefore, do not make any assumptions about their personality from one instance or situation.
For more information, please click “Courses” on the navigation bar and check out the many self-paced online courses available on interesting day-to-day mental health and well-being-related topics. The course titled “DBT for Anger” will throw light on the current topic.