Comforting Words for Someone with Cancer
It is not easier to accept the news that your loved one has cancer. You have lived your life watching people with cancer dying around you. And, when you realize that cancer has reached your home you are unable to accept the fact. So you keep running from reality and avoiding the truth. But, after some time you have to accept. Also, you try to find comforting words for someone who has cancer. Therefore, words of encouragement for sick people are crucial.
Furthermore, if you are not sure what you are going to say to the sick person then you should avoid saying anything. But you always be there for the person you love who has cancer. You can be physically present and listen to him or her attentively to show that you care for them a lot. Even your listening and presence can make people happy. So, do not hesitate and just be sincere in showing your love.
Comforting Words for Someone Who Has Cancer
- First of all, you should not try to judge or compare your situation with the situation that your loved one is in. For instance, your mother had breast cancer in past. Now your friend’s mother is dealing with cancer. You should not compare. Because the stage of your mother’s disease may be different from that of your friend’s mother.
- Secondly, do not try to give advice when you do not know anything about the disease. Also, say that you are so brave and I want to let you know that. I salute your endurance. Please tell me if you need anything. I will help you.’
- Thirdly, you tell the person that he is an inspiration for you and others. And you are so proud of him. Moreover, you can assure him that he is not alone and you will be there when he needs anything.
- Next of all, wish him luck to recover fast. Also, say that you are positive he will recover fast.
- Furthermore, try to act normal when he is obsessed with thoughts of dying and death. You should show a positive attitude. Moreover, your attitude is very important when it comes to recovering from cancer and another disease.
- Also, you can visit the patient regularly but with his permission. Your presence can make the person safe and happy.
Respect the Person’s Wish and His Privacy
Moreover, if you feel awkward around a person who has cancer then it is normal. You need not say anything if you are not sure. Just be positive around the person who has the disease. You can be encouraging and ask if the person needs any kind of help. Just be sincere when you offer help to your friend. You can share your stories with your friend. Tell her that she can do so many things after her recovery and that she needs to believe in herself. Moreover, you need to say that you believe that she has the strength to fight the disease.
Words of Encouragement for Sick Person
- You can always try to say that hope is always there for your friend and he should not give up. For instance, if your friend is feeling low then you can give examples of people who recovered from cancer. So, he should stay positive and take the medication that is given to him.
- You can plan a trip if your friend agrees to it. Moreover, it can help to change the somber atmosphere and create happy memories with people around you.
- Also, you should spread hope to the person suffering from the ailment. Moreover, do not try to assist too much, it can hurt the pride of a sick person. Help only when you are asked for it.
- Additionally, if you are not able to express your thoughts to your sick friend then you can write notes to her. It will help in communicating your thoughts to her without you facing her.
- Moreover, if you found your friend crying then you should not ask him to stop crying. Because let the person relieve his feelings through tears. So, you should not stop him.
Coping with Cancer
- When you discover that you have cancer or terminal disease then it would be a shocking experience for you. You may need time to absorb the details and reality. You should talk to your loved ones and even take professional help to cope with reality. Moreover, there are grief counselors who help people dealing with cancer and other diseases. Also, do not keep the news of your disease to yourself for a long time as it can make you weak and alone. You can share it with a good friend. Furthermore, talk to your doctor about the cure, treatment, recovery, and so on.
- Secondly, you will be overwhelmed with feelings about yourself, your family, and so on. It is pretty normal. You should take help from people and do not hesitate to talk about your anxieties. Moreover, talking will help you desensitize about the problem.
- Thirdly, you will feel nervous about how much time you have left or when you will die. You should not obsessed with negative thoughts. No doubt, some diseases take a toll on the body and recovery is difficult but your attitude is everything. It can change your viewpoint. If you are mentally strong then you can handle problems properly.
- Next of all, if you feel a lot many emotions then you need to learn to relax. Additionally do not get angry at people who care for you. Because they are the ones who will support you in your difficult period.
For more information please click “Courses” on the navigation bar and check out our online self-help courses on mental health and wellbeing topics. The course titled “Coping with Chronic Pain” elaborates on the current topic for a better understanding.