Do I Have Anorexia? Take an Online Anorexia Test NowMarch 26, 2022 2022-03-28 10:55
Do I Have Anorexia? Take an Online Anorexia Test Now
Do I have anorexia? Well, You might have if your BMI is equal to or below 18.5. Also, you tend to purge yourself after eating. Even, eating a lot in one sitting is part of the issue. Other signs are fasting or skipping meals. Some people also use laxatives to control their weight. An online anorexia test is a self-report questionary to know if you have anorexia.
You should take the test if you lately you are having issues with food. This can also be drastic changes in your weight. This test does not label you as having anorexia. But, it helps you know if you might have. And, if you do have then help is needed. Hence, this test is helpful.
Chapter 1:What Does the Test Reveal?
Our online anorexia test consists of 5 statements and should take you 5 minutes to complete.
Based on the test, you also might want to know more about the following issues-
- Possibility of Anorexia Nervosa: Anorexia refers to having a restrictive or avoidant diet. This also causes a lot of weight loss and a low BMI score. The person has a lot of thoughts about losing weight. The issues caused by anorexia are many and sometimes can also lead to loss of life. Please note this is not same as picky eating.
- Signs of Bulimia: The online anorexia test also checks if you have bulimia. Bulimia means that the person forcefully tries to lose calories they have gained. This is mainly using unhealthy methods. These could be like vomiting, taking pills or heavy risky workout.
- The likeliness of having a Binge-Eating Disorder: This means you feel stressed or guilty after you eat food. However, this does not include any purging or other abnormal ways of weight loss.
Chapter 2:Do I Need to Take an Online Anorexia Test?
You tend to have questions like, “Do I have an eating disorder?” or also “Do I need to take an online anorexia test?” Below is a list of symptoms that you should not ignore.
- changes in your weight.
- Not having a good relationship with food.
- Slow heartbeat.
- Loss of bone density.
- Muscle weakness.
- Hair loss.
- lot of dehydration.
- Low body mass index.
- Decaying of tooth.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Irregular bowel cycle.
If you feel that you have any of these then it is needed that you also take an online anorexia test to find out if you have it. This will also help you to take the right steps to recover and also seek help.
Chapter 3:Things to Know before Taking the Online Anorexia Test
Many people think about eating issues to be normal and do not seek help. In our society, being slim and losing weight is more important hence many people in spite of having eating issues do not find the courage to come out in the open. This also leads to many myths around anorexia such as:
1: Anorexia is all about looking perfect.
Some think people by not eating food for a long and also losing a lot of weight means they we will look better. But, it is not true. This does not make them look perfect but has a long-lasting impact on their body and internal organs.
2: It happens only to females.
Women and their weight is a topic that receives a lot of attention. Hence, many think that anorexia or eating issues are meant only for women. But, it is not true. They might be more common among women but even men struggle with this condition.
3: It is healthy.
It is considered to be healthy to lose weight hence nobody talks about the health issues developed after that. It is one of the deadliest psychological illnesses. This is also because the person might die due to a lack of nutrition.
Chapter 4:What Might Cause an Eating Disorder?
We do not know the exact cause of an eating disorder. There are many reasons such as-
- Environmental factors: The surrounding in which you live makes the person you are. If you live in a stressful place then you are more likely to feel stressed. Similarly, social distress or any kind of overwhelming experience might negatively affect the way you think about your body. This also might lead to having an eating issue.
- Genetics: Genes have a major role to play in many medical issues. Similary, it is believed that if a parent has an eating disorder then the child is more prone to having the same issues.
- Dopamine levels: Dopamine is a chemical in your brain. For some, eating helps to increase their dopamine. So, it becomes an addiction-like habit. This is also why people tend to eat a lot when they are in stress.
Chapter 5:How Can the Online Anorexia Test Help You?
- After you feel uncomfortably full, do you make yourself sick?
- Do you think that you worry a lot about having lost control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost more than 6kgs (14 lb) in a 3-month period?
- Do you think you are Fat even when others say you are too thin?
- Do you think that food dominates your life?
Chapter 6:Post Steps
- Talking to your friend or family member initially may be helpful so that you feel better.
- You need to seek help from an expert. A counselor can help you deal with these issues.
- Remember- This test does not give you a final diangosis. Only medical or psychological experts can diagnose people with such issues.
- If the test score is lesser, then you need to think what made you take the test. You can even educate yourself more about the issue and try to observe your eating patterns.
- It is possible to recover from this issue. The right kind of help and support is needed.