Early Signs of an Eating Disorder
Eating disorders are based on negative beliefs which can arise from stereotypes. The first sign is that your eating affects your body. You see, eating disorders are of different types. In anorexia Nervosa, you eat way less leading to weight loss. In contrast, in bulimia, you eat too much causing weight gain. But in all the eating disorders you will observe that you have body image issues. Moreover, you will need to be in constant observation if you have lost essential elements. For instance, you stopped eating and have to be force-fed. And therefore, you are under watch in a hospital. So that you could recuperate. You should note down the early signs of an eating disorder. Moreover, you can know what the beginning of an eating disorder feels like.
Additionally, if you are careful then you can treat your issue before it goes out of hand. For instance, you or your family observes your condition. And therefore, your condition will not worsen. But if you are not diagnosed in the early stages then your condition will worsen. And you could be hospitalized. Also, if you are a young adult or a teen then you can have an eating disorder. Moreover, when you see you are showing signs of the disorder then talk to your doctor about it. The patient is unable to accept the current body size and tries different measures to reduce it. So, you will resort to excessive exercise, vomiting, and so on.
In this article, you will have the signs and symptoms of various eating disorders explained. Furthermore, the causes and treatments available to you will be discussed.
Signs and Symptoms of an Eating Disorder
You should be careful about the early signs of an eating disorder. First of all signs of anorexia nervosa or the beginning of an eating disorder feels like
- You hardly eat anything and feel full. So much is your weight loss that your body becomes deficient. Also, you fear gaining weight. SO, you consume far less than normal people. ANd your family may notice your early signs when you stop eating. Therefore you can talk to a therapist for the treatment of your issue.
- Second of all, well you see, initially, you only want to reduce weight by dieting. But gradually you will not eat at all. First, you will reduce carbohydrates and sugar from your diet. Later you will not consume anything healthy or nutritious. ANd you will become obsessed with reducing your body weight. ANd you will spend hours selecting your food and less time eating.
- The third common symptom of anorexia is that you will perceive yourself as fat. And will keep on dieting. Your family may try to convince you that your weight is less but you will not listen. And when you are too skinny then you will wear baggy clothes to hide your weight.
- You avoid eating in front of others. Also, you have pain in your stomach and constipation. You refuse certain kinds of foods . And will lead to weight loss.
- Furthermore, you are no longer social. YOu avoid your previous friends and isolate yourself.
Signs of Bulimia
The first symptom is binge eating. You are eating too much. And hide it from others. Also, there is the disappearance of food around you. You can eat gallons of ice cream in one go. And you may gain weight and try to hide. Also, you will wear baggy clothes to hide the flabby skin. And will try to reduce the weight by vomiting or exercising. And this pattern will be repeated. You need to always be sensitive toward the early signs of an eating disorder.
Second of all, you exercise a lot to compensate. And you work out so that you can burn the calories which you consumed. You will constantly diet to reduce your weight. But will keep on gaining it because you are binging. And you should know what the beginning of an eating disorder feels like.
You induce yourself to vomit. And your knuckles will get marks from induced vomiting.
You can check out the early signs of an eating disorder. And be aware of your actions. You should know how much you eat and consume. Moreover, you can learn about what the beginning of an eating disorder feels like.
- You want to go to the bathroom after eating. And you induce vomiting. Moreover, you often skip meals.
- Furthermore, depression, shame, and guilt.
- You often check the mirror.
- Additionally, vomiting after eating food.
- You often eat in secret.
Causes of Eating Disorders
First of all, age is an important factor. If you are a young teen then your chance of getting an eating disorder is high. Moreover, teenage girls and women, in general, are at high risk. But you should know that men can also get eating disorders. Though females have a higher chance than men. Second of all, your family history is important. If you have a family member with an eating disorder then you can also have it. Because of genes, you are at risk for eating disorders. So, you should tell your doctor about your family history. When you know the early signs of an eating disorder then you can cure it properly.
Third of all, if you are a patient with other mental health problems then you can get it. For instance, if you have depression then you can also have eating disorders. So, you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms. And you can know what the beginning of an eating disorder feels like.
Fourth of all, you should avoid dieting. Moreover, starvation can induce further problems. You need to eat a balanced diet. Moreover, when you don’t eat, your mood will change a lot. And you will experience anxiety
First of all, you as a patient can use psychotherapy. You see cognitive behavioral therapy will help you with changing negative thoughts. Because negative thoughts about eating are a reason. This therapy will try to understand your thoughts and eating patterns. And the therapist will help you change that. You see you will set the goals and have proper eating meal patterns. Therefore, you can change your eating behavior.
Second of all, interpersonal therapy will make you understand your issues. Moreover, you will be able to understand the root cause of your eating disorder. This will throw light on why you are eating to comfort yourself. You should be aware of the early signs of an eating disorder.
Furthermore, other therapies try to help you change your emotional reactions to negative stimuli.
Second of all, doctors may prescribe certain medications to reduce your symptoms. But you should not overuse it. As these drugs are addictive.
Additionally, you can keep a journal to record your food. For instance, what you ate during morning, afternoon, and evening. This will help you to be aware when you binge. And you will be able to reduce your habits of binging. Furthermore, stay mindful. When you are mindful, you will be able to control your behavior. But you should not overthink or stress. As stress can increase binge eating behavior. And you worsen your problem. And you will know what the beginning of an eating disorder feels like.
Call for Action
Please visit the website. And check out the courses provided therein. And you can see the course titled, Binge Eating Disorder, for further information.