- 1. Can Excessive Sweating Head Cause Hair Fall?
- 1. Can Excessive Sweating Head Cause Hair Fall?
- 2. How Exactly Does Excess Sweat Cause Hair Fall?
- 3. What Causes Excessive Sweating?
- 4. How Can You Reduce Having an Excessive Sweating Head?
- 5. How to Protect Your Hair From Sweat?
- 6. Hould One Really Wash Their Hair After Sweating?
Does your sweaty scalp annoy you? Every time you make your perfect hairstyle, the excessive sweating head ruins it all. The worst thing is that this excessive sweating shoots up the salt content in your body and hair and makes your hair fall. It does get quite annoying. Are you tired of shampooing or brushing your hair to only have sweat again on your scalp? So how do you stop excessive scalp sweating?
Don’t worry, Ayurveda can literally change it all. There are herbal oils and treatments that can help you control your excessive sweating head. Are you excited to have healthy and lustrous hair? If yes, you are reading the perfect article and hope it helps you to get rid of an excessive sweating head.
Can Excessive Sweating Head Cause Hair Fall?
So how do you stop excessive scalp sweating? Overactive sweat glands are the reason for an extremely sweaty scalp. According to Ayurveda, excessive sweat increases the Kapha dosha that gets combined with Rakta, which is the non- detoxified blood that blocks the hair follicles. This blockage of the hair follicle causes excessive sweating on the head and hair fall.
How Exactly Does Excess Sweat Cause Hair Fall?
- Sweat has some salt content, which is not always good for your scalp and hair. In fact, the excess salt can even remove the hair’s protective coating that is very essential for healthy hair.
- Sweat even contains some levels of lactic acid that reacts naturally with keratin in your hair, this can cause damage to your hair’s texture and weakens the hair strands.
- Did you know lactin acid is the main culprit for hair fall? It can cause inflammation in your scalp. Also, reduces the blood circulation in the hair follicles, this can reduce the hair growth.
- When your sweat glands in your scalp sweats excessively, it means that the perspiration levels are quite high. Eventually, it can dry out your scalp, causing dandruff, dermatitis or psoriasis.
- So what happens there is excessive sweating in the head? Your sweat accumulates dirt and build up in the scalp. This can clog your hair follicle and increasing your hair fall.
- Also, if your hormones are in imbalance, the DHT hormones blocks your hair follicle and the excessively sweating makes the hair fall worse.
Fun FactDid you know females have more sweat glands than males? But, Males sweat more than females. Ears, nails and lips are the only parts of your body that do not produce any sweat.
What Causes Excessive Sweating?
So how do you stop excessive scalp sweating? Let us know the causes, before jump into the remedies to tackle it. These are some of the causes of excessive sweating-
- If you over exercise beyond your energy levels, the levels of perspiration levels also rise. This makes the body sweat profusely, which exhausts the body.
- The climatic conditions can also have an effect on the level of sweat. High temperatures in summer can cause excessive sweat to maintain the body’s temperature.
- Tension, stress or anxiety can also can result in excessive sweating.
- When one has imbalanced hormones, it can impact in the way your sweat glands secreate. In fact, pregrancy can increase the level of perspiration in the body.
- Thyroid, Daibetes and PCOScan also cause excesive sweating in the head for people. Also, it could be side effects of some medications.
How Can You Reduce Having an Excessive Sweating Head?
- One can pacify their pitta dosha by consuming a a teaspoon of amla powder with jaggery, once a day. Additonally, eating around 10 soaked raisins on an empty stomach in the morning can help you.
- Also, certain herbs can help you reduce your excessive sweating of the head. Herbs such as Yashtimadhu, Usheera, Sandalwood, Haritaki and Amla.
- Practice Yoga and Meditation can help you maintain your stress levels. Sleep for well for atleast for 7 to 8 hours. Keep your body hydrated.
Quick Recipe FixTake two grams of Yashtimadhu, Usheera, Sandalwood, Haritaki and Amla. Take this mixture to cold water and drink this on an empty stomach in the mornings.
How to Protect Your Hair From Sweat?
- Try using a hair mask of three tablespoons of lemon juice and coconut oil. Leve this mask on your hair for around 15 mins and rinse it off with a shampoo.
- Do you use a hair dryer right after taking a bath? Try not to do it much. It can worsen your condition.
- Try avoiding making high ponytails, very tight buns that blocks the evaporation and lets the sweat and dirt sit on the scalp.
- Try wearins a cap or scarf to avoid the sun rays to produce sweat on the scalp.
Should One Really Wash Their Hair After Sweating?
Let Us Sum UpI am sure by now, you know the key is to cleanse after excessive sweating in the head. It helps to remove all the sweat and dirt that gets accumulated on the scalp. Eat a healthy diet and try to avoid eating spicy food. Try to switch to natural alternatives in hair care and skin care. You never know what kind of toxic substances must be in all those products. Therefore, try to go natural. It is hard to switch icompletely all at once, but you can gradually try switching to it.
Ayurvedic remedies can really help with excessive sweating in the head. All of these natural remedies can help you in solving these problems. The best of going all-natural and ayurvedic is that, there are no side effects. Hence, try giving Ayurveda a try and rekindle the abundance of nature.
At Espychonline, we have a self-help course on “Body Image Concerns”. You may also find it informative and helpful to read up a bit more on “Excessively Sweating- Rid Yourself Of The Smell and Stains” to know more about excessive sweating head.