Help for Newly Diagnosed Autistic Adults
Written by: Harmandeep Kaur Grewal – MA (Psychology)
Last updated date : March 11, 2023
Autism is a brain development issue. Moreover, it affects how you deal with others. Also, your expression and behaior will be affected. You see, it can affect any person. And is not related to any specific race, creed, or people. It means anyone can have it. You will not be able to express your thoughts. And not talk to people at all. Therefore, there would be a problem in telling how you feel. Also, you keep repeating things said by others. For instance, I met a person with autism. And asked him how is he doing. He will reply with how is am doing. And not like normal people would do. Also, you can learn to help newly diagnosed autistic adults. Or you can help newly diagnosed autism in adults.
Additionally, you may not have been diagnosed during childhood. But you may feel different from others. Later when you grow up then get positive about the issue. Furthermore, such kind of thing happens when you need less support. In contrast, in severe cases, you could need help. ANd your symptoms could be different from others. When one person can take of himself. And another may not be able to. Also, you would need a caretaker all the time. But you should not panic. And never stress if you are diagnosed with the issue. Moreover, you will have trouble understanding how others feel. And could interpret others’ thoughts incorrectly. And you will be misjudged. Therefore, parents or guardian needs to assist.
In this article, we will discuss the signs and symptoms of autism. Furthermore, you will get to know about problems faced by newly diagnosed people. And how will you be able to deal with it?
Help for Newly Diagnosed Autistic Adults
Additionally, you will find it difficult to deal with change. And you will worry a lot when your routine is changed. Moreover, small changes around you can make you stressed. You can learn to calm down. When you are calm and relaxed then you can find a solution to the problem. You are fine in a familiar place. But change can make you hyper. Moreover, learn to help newly diagnosed autistic adults
Furthermore, you cannot control your emotions. You will feel stressed out and burst out in public. And may not be able to socialize with others. You have a rigid schedule. And a minor change in that can upset you.
Signs and Symptoms
Also, it is important to know at what age you are achieving your milestones. For that diagnosis is first. Second of all, your unique behavior will be noticeable in many cases. And it will help to diagnose the disorder. ANd you can provide help for newly diagnosed autistic adults. Also, you can understand newly diagnosed autism in adults.
- You are unable to make eye contact with people.
- Moreover, do not respond to your name. And do not bother to make conversation.
- You are ultra-sensitive to touches, smells, and sights.
- Also, you hate being held or cuddled.
- You find it difficult to adapt to change.
- Furthermore, you keep repeating phrases or statements. And do not bother if the other person can understand you.
Various Kinds of Cases
- First of all, all patients are not the same. Some are successful in life while others are not. Also, you see there are cases where adults have made a successful careers in the technology field. ANd many others can work part-time. And earn their living. So, you are not dependent on caretakers.
- Second of all, if you have an intellectual disability then it gets hard to take care of yourself.
- Next of all, some adults are married. ANd others who cannot form a relationship. But learn to help newly diagnosed autism in adults.
First of all, you can look for support groups. And become a member of these. It will help you to connect with different people. And you can meet those who have similar issues like yours. You can find a group as per your need. Certain groups are free to join while others require fees. And many charities can provide help. All you need is to seek help. You can listen to the stories of other people and learn from them.
Second of all, your therapist will help you train. And you can learn skills as per your ability. But you should cooperate and stay patient. And there is an important role of social workers. They usually provide long-term help and care.