Coping with bullying (teens)
Check out our awesome trivia challenge
Please verify you are not a robot!
Coping with Bullying (teens) Course
Duration: 6 weeks, self-placed
If you are someone who feel alone and desire the company of others like friends then you can learn social skills to be more likeable. For instance, you can be polite and kind. Also be there for people when they need you. You can ask how to make friends when you have none? Or why can’t I make friends? So, you increase your self-awareness to understand yourself better. Moreover, forming a friendship or any other relationship is not an easy task. You should make efforts towards be extra nice and available when people need you.
Additionally, everyone wants friends in their lives. And with whom we can share our feelings, thoughts, and behavior. Moreover, friends are there for us when we need them And friends share and talk with us reducing our loneliness. We do not feel lonely when we have friends with us. We human beings are social animals and crave the company of other people. If a person is lost in an island it is difficult to survive. And survival is not possible because not just food is short but it is difficult to live in solitude. You may know that there are prisons where prisoners are left alone in their solitude to those who committed heinous crimes. Therefore, all of us desire a companion or a friend.
How to Make Friends When You Have None?
- First of all, be yourself. Do not pretend to be someone you are not. If you are honest then people will like you. Also, you should not fake nice behavior as people could see through it.
- Secondly, you need to listen more and talk less if you want more friends. Your friends too have many things to discuss with you. But you do not let them talk. Therefore they are upset with you.
- Thirdly, you need to have a pleasant personality with smile on your face. Equally important is that you maintain a positive outlook. You should not be negative in life. People like optimistic friends
- Next of all, learn to give compliments to your friends. Your friends will be very happy when they hear good things from you.
- Remember to greet your friends. You can say ‘hi or hello’ whenever you meet them. It will give a good impression.
- You should be helpful and kind whenever possible
- Firstly, have empathy and kindness. When someone in your group or class needs help then be the first to help. You should know that your friend needs help. If you are too busy with yourself then you will not know anything about others. But your friends want a person who understands the is kind to her.
- Secondly, respect time of people. If you make people wait all the time then they will not come to the spot where you requested. So, show respect towards them.
- Next of all you should not push yourself on others. If you are too clingy then people will not like you. You need to give space to your friends. Similarly, if they want to be alone then you should not bother them.
- You need to leave your comfort zone to make people like you. Moreover, you should have active efforts to make people like you.
- Do not change your circle of people often. It takes a lot of time to form or be part of a circle. SO, you should not leave your circle so easily.
- Provide help to people who need it. You should not wait for others to help your friend. You should be the first one to help.
Why People Do Not like You?
- You are controlling and rigid in your approach. Also, you want to do things as per your method while others want it another way. So, it causes disputes between you and your friends. Therefore people do not like you.
- Moreover you blame others for things. You hardly take responsibility for your actions. When you commit a mistake you blamed others. For instance, you broke a vase but say that your colleague did it. Therefore, your teammate hates you for lying.
- You dump your load on others. Furthermore, people are filled with stress and tension in their daily lives. So, they want to relax when they are in the company of their friends. You need to stop talking and start listening to a little bit. Because every one of us has to say something but they do not get the time.
- Furthermore, you are manipulative. You make others fight. Also, you spread lies and fake being nice to others. But after some time, people could see through your behavior.
- You show off a lot that people are put off by it. Your friends do not want you to be showing your bags or shoes all the time. It can irritate them. They want sincere people.
- Also, you preach to others. When you start lecturing people about different things then your friends run away. For instance, your friend threw a plastic wrapper on the road. You lectured him for weeks.
Making Friend at School
- Firstly look for people who match your interests. For instance, if you play tennis then you can find friends in a group who plays tennis. Also, you need to make efforts at meeting them and talking to them Moreover, spending time with them can get you close to them. But you need to make sincere efforts toward your friendship. If you intermittently play tennis and are not serious about the game then you cannot maintain a friendship. You can stick together with your friend to increase your closeness.
- Moreover, you can go to your friends and ask them for help when you need it. So, you will not be alone when you want to play tennis. Also, you can stay fit by doing physical exercise.
- Next of all, you can join extracurricular clubs such as reading clubs, music clubs, and so on according to your interest. Therefore, you find friends whose interest or hobby matches yours. Hence, you both can pass your time doing similar things.
- Your body language should be positive along with your words. So, you should not be very loud when your friends are quiet.