How to Stop Sweating Naturally: Sweating Therapy
Written by: Tanvi Vinay Gangavali- MA (Psychology)
Last updated date :February 27, 2023
How to stop sweating naturally? Sweating is natural. It helps the body to regulate temperature. Heavy sweating is called as hyperhidrosis. This means we tend to sweat more than needed. Sweating happens when body temperature rises. Our sweat glands are below our skin and is filled mostly with water. The water from the skin evaporates and this cools the body. Sometimes along with lot of sweating there is a foul smell which is also there. This is mainly because of the bacteria break down. People tend to sweat more in the underarms, face, palms and soles of the feet. Lot of sweating can be uncomfortable. It also makes the person not like it. There are many ways to reduce sweating and sweating therapy. Sweating therapy is also helpful. There are many reasons which causes lot of sweating such as: <!
- Thyroid issues
- Parkinson’s disease
- Mental health issues.
- Certain medications.
These causes of sweating are seen in many. If we try to understand the cause of sweating then we can find ways to stop sweating naturally.
Sweating Therapy: How to Stop Sweating Naturally
There are many ways to stop sweating naturally. Some strategies which can be used are:
Keeping note of the symptoms in a diary.
Sometimes we tend to sweat more in a particular situation. Also, certain emotions can make us sweat more. For example, if you are feeling anxious or scared. You can keep a diary to note the symptoms and also situations. This can help you to identify when you tend to sweat more. Also, which situations to avoid or to work on to avoid sweating. We can also know if there are certain triggers for a lot of sweating.
Avoid eating a certain food
Sometimes a lot of sweating is also because of the food we eat. Spicy food makes us sweat more. Similarly, alcohol, coffee and Ajinomoto in food can trigger a lot of sweating. Hence, you can keep track of these foods and try to avoid them. If it is not possible to avoid then you can limit the intake of these foods.
Avoid using deodorants.
We feel deodorants help to reduce sweating. But, deodorants only reduce the smell of sweat. It does not help to stop sweating. To stop sweating, you need to use antiperspirants. It is best to use this at night while sleeping.
Some More Remedies
The type of clothes we wear also helps us to stop sweating naturally. Wearing loose clothes helps. Also, wearing clothes made of cotton fabric helps to stop sweating naturally. This also makes you feel comfortable. Also, wearing sandals instead of closed shoes helps. You can also wear shoes made of natural materials. Remember to completely dry your shoes before wearing them.
Drinking at least 2.5-3 litres of water every day helps. It helps to stop sweating by being hydrated.
We generally sweat more when we feel anxious or scared. Hence, trying to reduce anxiety by doing activities which can calm and relax you will help. You can do walking, meditating, breathing exercises and stretching to reduce anxiety.
Having a bath with lukewarm water and salt helps to reduce stress in the body. You can even add essential oils while having a bath. Even, having a bath at night before sleeping also helps to stop sweating naturally.
Sweating Therapy: 11 Natural Remedies to Stop Sweating Naturally.
- Vinegar. Vinegar and apple cider vinegar has a lot of health benefits. You can either add vinegar to your daily diet or even apply it to the sweaty area every night. Doing this for a few days helps to stop sweating naturally.
- Tea. Drinking green or black tea also helps to stop sweating naturally. You can stop drinking coffee and instead switch to tea. You can also directly apply black tea to your skin by rubbing the tea after it is cooled down on your underarm.
- Baking Soda and Corn Starch. Both are natural water-absorbing agents. You will notice that many deodorants have baking soda in them. To stop sweating naturally, you can apply a mixture of these two directly to the sweaty area at night. You can let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse it with water. Please do not leave it for too long on the skin because it might result in skin irritation.
- Wheatgrass Juice. This juice helps to detox. It balances the chemicals in the body. Consuming even a tablespoon of this juice daily helps to stop sweating. This also reduces the bad smell from sweat.
- Potatoes. Consuming foods which have a lot of potassium helps to stop sweating. This is because they tend to absorb excess water. Also, rubbing potato juice on the skin daily helps to stop sweating.
Some More Natural Remedies
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes tend to shrink your pores and help to stop sweating. Eating tomatoes or drinking tomato juice helps. If you do not like to consume tomatoes then you can even apply tomato juice to your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil. This oil helps to stop sweating. You can either apply it to your skin or even put a few drops of it while having a bath.
- Lemon. This is acidic hence it helps to stop sweating. You can take lemon juice and apply it to your skin with baking soda. You can leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it with water. Consuming lemon in your diet also helps.
- Salt. Salt is very good to absorb sweat. It also helps to block pores and keep skin dry. You can either rub salt on your body before having a bath or even mix it with lemon juice and apply it to your skin.
- White Sandalwood Powder. Mixing sandalwood powder with rose water and lemon juice and applying it to your skin as a pack helps to stop sweating. It also helps to reduce body of our.
- Coconut Oil. This has many medicinal values. It helps to stop sweating and also od our. This contains lauric acid which has antimicrobial properties. You can either consume coconut oil in your daily diet. The other option is to mix 10 grams of crushed camphor with 1 cup of coconut oil. You can apply it to your skin and leave it for at least an hour before washing it with water.
Do the Remedies Really Help?
The answer is Yes. The remedies do work to stop sweating naturally. But, it is important to meet a doctor. You can meet a skin specialist who will help you know the root cause of sweating too much. Sometimes, a lot of sweating can also be because of a side effect of certain medicines you are taking. Hence, your doctor will help you know this and also plan your treatment. Sweating therapy is also helpful to reduce sweating. There are many ways to stop sweating naturally. But, you can learn more about this topic by enrolling for a course on our Epsychonline website.