Irritable Bowel Disease Syndrome
Check out our awesome trivia challenge
Please verify you are not a robot!
Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome Course
Duration: 6 weeks, self-placed
Have you ever looked into the mirror and seen only your flaws? Maybe you felt bad looking at the double chin, big stomach, or pimples on the face? And every time you look at your features, you say something negative about yourself. Instead, how about using positive body image affirmations. It is helpful to use positive affirmations for body image issues. Let us give you some examples.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
When you only focus on your flaws and keep telling yourself, ” I don’t look good!’, your body understands. Unfortunately, this is not healthy. We need to use positive words for a healthy body image. These words we use on ourselves are known as affirmations. We keep using them again and again to change what we feel.
In simple words, we use positive affirmations so that we can change what we feel about the negative parts of our bodies. Many of you may ask how saying some positive words again and again change anything? Well, let us try to explain this with an example. When you exercise every day, your body changes.
Similarly, when we use these positive statements, they can help us change our thinking patterns. Even though we may not see a lot of change at the start, eventually these statement help us think differently. Let us now learn some affirmations for a healthy body image.
Why Are Positive Body Image Affirmations Important?
When we use a negative statement such as ” I am ugly’, we start believing this about ourselves. However, it is not just a sentence that we think of, it defines our choices. If you keep telling yourself, “I am ugly” or “I don’t look good’, you will start acting in the same way. Let us use an example to understand this situation. When you use any one of these statements or something similar, you start eating food that will make you feel “ugly”. That means you may choose unhealthy food or junk food. This will then lead to putting on weight which will make the “I am ugly” thought strong.
Therefore, we need to change these thoughts by replacing them with positive affirmations. Now, if you change the statement to ‘I am beautiful’ or “I look good’, you will make choices accordingly. If you believe you look good, you will choose healthy options and make changes in your life.
Positive Affirmations for Healthy Body Image
When you practice positive affirmations stand in front of the mirror. Choose 3-4 statements which you find helpful. Repeat them several times throughout the day. We will give you a list of statements for the body and the mind. Remember, the mind is as important as the body. Let us first read some statements for a healthy body image.
- I love my body.
- Thank you to my stomach for digesting food.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- Skin, thank you for always protecting me
- I respect and love my body.
- Legs, thank you for helping me walk.
- I nourish my body with healthy food.
- Hands, thank you for helping me hold things.
- I eat food for energy and nutrition.
- My health is more important than other’s opinions.
- I may healthy choices every day.
- Taking care of myself feels amazing.
- My food does not define me.
- My body is a wonderful gift.
- Food is my friend. It nourishes me.
- My weight is just a number, it does not define me.
- My smile makes people happy.
Positive Affirmations for Healthy Emotions
Now that we have read positive affirmations for a healthy body image, let us look at statements for the mind. While both statements are aimed at changing our thoughts, there is a difference in the intention of the statements. The above statements are focusing on changing our thoughts about our body. Now, we will focus on positive affirmations for our emotions. As we have mentioned, both the mind and body go hand in hand. Therefore, we need to focus on our confidence and self perception. Here is a list for positive statements.
- I am confident and happy.
- My presence makes people happy.
- I love and respect myself.
- When I compare my body to others, I hurt myself. From today, I will only focus on myself.
- I am worthy of love and happiness.
- It is okay to love myself.
- With love for myself, I continue to grow.
- Now that I am growing, I feel happy.
- Most important part of my life is my mind and body.
- When people judge me, it reflects on them. I am not people’s judgements.
- I choose to be a healthy and happy person
- “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder” I am the beholder and see only beauty.
- People love and admire me.
- I am confident when I meet new people.
- When I take care of myself, I feel good.
- I work out because I love myself.
- When I am happy I feel beautiful.
- I focus on progress, not perfection.
- Images on the internet are not always real. They can be photoshopped.
How Will Life Change After Positive Affirmations?
If you practice these statements every day, you will see many changes in the way you look at yourself and the world. There are many proven benefits of using positive body image affirmations. This is a self help method to work on yourself and grow. First and foremost, when you practice these statements you will feel more confident.
Secondly, it will help you feel very positive about your body. It will keep you calm when you see images of models online or when someone passes comments about your body. Most importantly, it will make you comfortable in difficult situations.
Thirdly, it will help in refocusing your mind from the negative to the positive. This means that you are unlearning something wrong and relearning something helpful.
Lastly, it will improve all parts of your life. What we mean by this is, you will be confident not only about your body image but other areas of your life such as your career, family, relationships and so on.
If you want to gain more benefits by using positive affirmations, check out our course “Body Image Concerns“. Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, this self-help course will give you simple ways to deal with any body image concerns that you may have. In addition to this, you will also find healthier ways to cope with such concerns.