Irritable Bowel Disease Syndrome
Check out our awesome trivia challenge
Please verify you are not a robot!
Managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome Course
Duration: 6 weeks, self-placed
Are you someone who eats way too much when stressed or nervous? Do you tend to stay hungry for long periods? Do you end up eating too much? At such times, you feel like you just cannot stop eating? Take a simple and easy online binge eating disorder test to find out the answer.
What Are Eating Disorders?
- Obsessed with how you look
- Afraid to gain weight
- Maintaining good body image is most important
- Feel guilty about eating
- Not eat properly, skip meals, stay hungry or eat too much (binge)
- Thoughts are also dominated by “food” and “pressure to look a certain way”
Types of eating disorders-Before we move to talk about binge eating and binge eating test, let’s see what are some of the types of eating disorders.
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Rumination Disorder
- Purging Disorder
- Night Eating Syndrome
- Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
- Unspecified Feeding or Eating Disorder
More About Binge Eating Disorders?
What is Binge Eating?
First, let’s try to understand what is binge eating.If you agree with the below points or tend to engage in these behaviours, then you should take to online binge eating disorder test.
- Eating too much food in a short period of time
- Eating when you are not hungry
- You feel no control over what you are doing
- You feel like you cannot stop eating even if you want to
- It makes you feel uncomfortable but still you continue to eat
- Eating alone
- Eating very fast as compared to normal
- Feeling guilty or disgusted after eating
Hence, binge eating is eating way too much too fast. This can cause health issues such as nausea, weight gain, heart problems, sleep problems, etc. It also causes mental stress and problems. Although this disorder can be quite dangerous, it is treatable. You can get better and get over your impulses to binge.
Binge Eating Test
Can the Binge Eating Disorder Test Be Taken Online?Yes, the binge eating disorder test can be taken online. It is a simple survey-like test. you just have to reply to the questions asked about your eating habits. You can take the test given below as a start or teaser to help you understand yourself better.
Simple online versions of the binge eating disorder test are available. If you take the test and feel that your symptoms are very severe then you should visit a doctor. A professional will be able to do a much detailed and in-depth assessment. They will plan your treatment accordingly.
3 Easy Step to Know if You Have Binge Eating DisorderYou can find out if you have a binge eating disorder in 3 easy and simple steps.
Step 1 – Take the testThe first thing you should do to evaluate whether you have a binge eating disorder is to take the online test below.
Answer each question with a simple yes or no. Note whether you agree with the statement or if the statement is true for you. If applies to you, then mark a “yes” for that statement. If the statement does not apply to you, then mark a “no”. The more “yes” responses you have, the more is the possibility that you binge eat regularly or have a binge eating disorder.
- Are you uncomfortable or self-conscious while you eat too much?
- Do you eat much more than you normally do on some occasions?
- Do you feel you have lost all control over eating when you overeat?
- When you overeat, do you tend to eat faster than usual?
- Does not having control while eating bother you?
- Do you eat alone when you are upset?
- Would you be embarrassed if someone sees you eat especially when you are in no control?
- Due to boredom or stress, do you end up finishing an entire packet of food?
- Do you tend to eat even when you are not feeling hungry?
- Are your eating habits unhealthy?
- Do you feel guilty after you overeat?
- In the last month, have you kept on eating even when you were full?
Step 2 – Observe yourselfAfter you have taken the binge eating test, note down the results – tally of “yes” and “no” in a diary. Keep the results safe. You will have to refer again to the scores later.
In the second step, observe yourself for the next week or two. If you feel up to it, then write down your daily notes in a diary. If you write things down, you will be able to recognise patterns and trends in your own behaviour. When you observe yourself, look out for these points –
- When you eat – what time you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Additionally, if you snack or munch on something outside your meals, please note that as well.
- What you eat – write down what you eat during your meals and when you snack
- How much you eat – put down in exact terms how much food you ate. Note separately each food item and the amount you ate. For example – “I had 2 slices of bread and a 2 egg omelet with 1 glass of orange juice and 1 mid-sized apple”.
- How hungry were you before you started eating
- Note down where you were when you ate
- Who was with you,
- Was there a specific occasion or reason for snacking/eating out
- Did you have a drink with your meal – how much, which drink, etc.
- Your emotional state before and while you were eating – were you stressed, upset, angry, sad, bored.
- What were you doing before eating. For example – “routine lunchtime”, “watching a web series”, “working on a deadline”, etc.
Step 3 – Re-take the test after a week or twoAfter a week or so, take the binge eating disorder test again. Compare your results with the first test and analyse the difference. Your responses this time you take the test will be more true.
This step is important because you will be better informed now as compared to when you took the test for the first time. As you write in your diary, you become acutely aware of your eating patterns and habits. You start understanding yourself better. You might realise the reasons and processes you go through when you eat more. Which foods tempt you to binge? Does being sad make you eat more? What time of the day do you tend to binge?
So, the second time you take the binge eating test, you will get more accurate results and insights into your food habits.
Can I Trust the Online Test?The online test is just a starting point for you. If the results of the test show that you might a binge eating problem, then you at least know that you need to do something to stop this habit.
The test can only guide you to make the right decision about seeking further help. It is highly recommended that if the results indicate that you might have a tendency to binge eat, start working on it. Educate yourself more about what it is and what you should do next. Get professional help if you are too confused or stressed.
You can also take a look at our “courses” page and enroll in a course that will help you with this issue.