Why Did My Friend Stop Talking To Me?
Written by: Harmandeep Kaur Grewal – MA (Psychology)
Have you ever wondered why did my friend stop talking To Me? Moreover, it can be caused by many reasons. For instance, you have misbehaved with your friend in the past. Also, there is some financial dispute between you and your friend. You can research when someone stops talking to you.
Additionally, you have a wrong notion about your friend. Also, it is possible that your friend is busy at work and could not take calls. So, you can come forward and reach out to him. Moreover, you should not hesitate to talk. In contrast, you should give your friend space when he wants it. Therefore, you can check whether you should call or not call your friend. Moreover, give some time to him. He might call you back. And do not pressurize the other person.
Why did my friend stop talking to me? When someone stops talking to you and you need to know the reason.
- First of all, your friend is going through something. If you are not mindful then your friend’s problems. Moreover, if your friend has stopped communicating with you then you can talk and ask about the issue. For instance, your friend has family problems and is not able to share with you.
- Second of all, did you check if your friend is sick? Moreover, your friend is ill or is in hospital. For instance, your childhood friend stopped talking to you. You should check if he is ill.
- Thirdly, your friend is busy with work. So, you should try not to disturb him. Also, you will irritate him if you keep on calling. You need to give some space to your friend. Moreover, your friend will call you when gets free. If you do not stop calling then he may block you from his call list.
- Next of all, your friend wants a break from life. He wants to get rid of phone calls and messages. So, he avoids people. Also, you should not obsessively call your friend.
Is There a Real Problem or There Is Some Problem With You?
- First of all, if you perceived that there is some problem with your friend. Moreover, there could not be any problem with your friend.
- Secondly, you have some past incident in your mind and think your friend is changed.
- Thirdly, it is possible that your friend is unwell and that is the reason for not responding to your messages. For instance, your friend is cold. So, he did not come to college. But you assume that he is not being responsive to you. Moreover, you should keep an open mind. Therefore, you should not assume anything.
- Fourthly, if you are too possessive of a friend and your friend seeks privacy. Moreover, you will push him away from you. So, you should have patience and wait for him to talk to you. Also, do not keep on calling the person. Your friend will get agitated by your stalking behavior.
- Next of all, when you talk to your friend, was your conversation meaningful? Moreover, if your friend considers you nonsense then he will ignore you. For instance, you called your friend. And you have nothing to say to him. Moreover, your friend will start declining your calls.
Your Attitude Towards Your Friend
- First of all, is your relationship with your friend healthy? If you don’t like your friend and pretend to like him then your friend will understand your intentions and not respond to you. Also, you should not force yourself over another if he is not interested.
- Secondly, another reason why your friend stopped talking to you is that you never catered to the needs of your friend. For instance, your friend wanted your notes for one day. But, you did not give him. So, he does not talk to you.
- Thirdly, do you have a habit to talk behind your back? For instance, your friend caught you gossiping about her to another friend. So, she is not talking to you. Moreover, you need to change your actions. So, you can go to your friend and apologize.
- Next of all, you perceive yourself as a friend of someone who is not interested in you. So, you should not throw your pride away. Hence, maintain some distance from him if he wants to avoid you.
- Furthermore, have you avoided your friend in past? Consequently, your friend is getting back at you. For instance, your friend needed you and you were not there for her. Now you need her. But, she wants to get back at you for your past behavior.
Emotional Change in People
- Firstly, your friend has stopped stopping maybe because he has some secret. Also, he wants to hide that from you. For instance, your friend has taken a loan and has difficulty paying off interest. You cannot keep bugging your friend with questions. Otherwise, he will stop talking to you.
- Second of all, your friend is sensitive. He is angry at you for an event that happened in past. For instance, you hurt your friend by insulting him in front of strangers. Later, you forgot the incident. Therefore, your friend is not talking to you and is hurt. You may have completely forgotten the incident.
- Next of all, your friend is unhappy in his relationship. But he cannot openly state his problem. Your friend cannot talk to anyone about his personal life. You should wait for him to open up about his situation.
Ways to Reach Out
- First of all, you can comfort a mourning friend. Also, don’t let your friend be alone during the tragedy. For instance, your friend lost his parents. And, he says he wants to be alone. You can give him some time. But, you should check upon him from time to time. Hence, you can help him by providing home-cooked food.
- Second of all, if your friend is busy at work and has no time to chill. Therefore, you should wait before calling him. He may be involved in an important project. Furthermore, if you keep calling then he can get angry at you. Hence, your relationship will be strained. You can give him some space and wait for him to respond.
- Thirdly, check if you are too pushy in a relationship. Moreover, you should not keep calling. You can learn to give privacy to your friend.
- Next of all, you can respond to his messages on social media.
For more information, please click “Courses” on the navigation bar and check out our online self-help courses on mental health and wellbeing. The course titled “DBT for Social Anxiety” can provide you with more information.