Work Life Balance Quotes
Following is a list of the top work life balance quotes from famous people all over the world.
1. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
~ Albert Einstein, Scientist
2. “Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance.”
~ Epicurus, Philosopher
3. “No one on his deathbed ever said that I wish I had spent more time at the office.”
~ Paul Tsongas, Politician
4. “Be steady and well ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work.”
~ Gustave Flaubert, Writer
5. “The key is not to prioritize what is on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
~ Stephen Covey, Author
6. “Do less, be more.”
~ Elizabeth Grace Saunders, Author
7. “Balance is not a better time management. But better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.”
~ Betsy Jacobson, Business Consultant
8. “Do not confuse having a career with having a life.”
~ Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State
9. “The bad news is time flies. But the good news is you are the pilot.”
~ Michael Altshuler, Motivational Speaker
10. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
~ Dolly Parton, Country Singer
11. “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom, and wonder of the weekend into your week and your work.”
~ Rasheed Ogunlaru, Life Coach
12. “Most people chase success at work, thinking that will make them happy. The truth is that happiness at work will make you successful.”
~ Alexander Kjerulf, Happiness Officer
13. “When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work.”
~ Anna Quindlen, Author
14. “If you want your children to turn out well, then spend twice as much time with them and half as much money.”
~ Abigail Van Buren, Advice Columnist
15. “A career is wonderful, but you can’t curl up with it on a cold night.”
~ Marilyn Monroe, Actress
16. “It is all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.”
~ Philip Green, Businessman
17. “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.”
~ Carl Sandburg, Poet
18. “You can have it all. You just can’t have it all at once.”
~ Oprah Winfrey, Actress
19. “When you’re gone would you rather have your gravestone say, ‘He never missed a meeting?’ Or one that said, ‘He was a great father.’”
~ Steve Blank, Author
20. “Reconsider your definitions. We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.”
~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Examples of Work Life Balance
You may put too much on your plate in a try to be the a best version of yourself in each task you take, then spreading yourself too much and ultimately burning out. So, what are we going to do now? Following are some work life balance examples to help you take a step towards work life balance.
Discuss the Leave Policy
Communication can solve may issues in present and in future as well. Talk to your boss about the leave policies to have a work life balance. Discus your annual and other leaves beforehand so that there is no ambiguity in future. Recently, sick and vacation leaves have been combined and now are in a category of “paid time off”. For instance, now you can easily take day off without worry about salary.
Allow for Schedule Flexibility
Because our world is so interconnected. Employees are no longer needed to work a regular 9 to 5 schedule. You can ask your boss to allow for scheduling freedom. To create a work life balance you can ask to work as many or as few hours as you need to finish your assignments.
A job sharing or part time alternative is another option to explore. For example, some people may be unable to commit to a full time position but can work part time. So talk to your boss about it.
Promote a Healthy Work Environment (Even If You’re Working from Home!)
Working hard can cause health problems especially if your working at late hour on computer. Workers health insurance is now seen as a need rather than a privilege. A good example of an effective work life balance is to promote mental and physical health.
For example some companies provide membership of a gym to their workers.
Additionally, several businesses provide on site or virtual meditation and mindfulness techniques. Workshops on emotional intelligence are also conducted by companies to promote work life balance.
Family Friendly Work Environment
If it is difficult for you to miss an office task as well as you cannot leave your child. So you can ask your boss to allow a family friendly work environment. For example especially if you are a working single parent, you may be allowed to bring your child at work.
Some institutes and companies also off day care centers on site, to create a family friendly work environment.
Other example include that families are also invited to official parties so that employees and their families socially connect to each other to promote healthy work space and create work life balance.
Participate in Your Community
Having a social connectedness with community creates a sense of a sense of belonging to a group, family, or community. It’s about people’s interaction with one another and their participation in the larger community. It is essential for good health and happiness.
For instance participate in society’s sports club.
Set Clear Boundaries
Although flexible scheduling and work from home allow workers to be full owners of their lives. But this is not always the case. In fact, people begin working 24/7, responding to emails and texts in timely manner. They may stay late to make up for the time that they spend to walk their dog.
Another instance is when companies attempt to achieve work life balance on their sites. Large workplaces with gyms, movie and music rooms, a number of recreation alternatives, and spa facilities are certainly attractive. Conversely, this causes employees to spend even more time at work and far from their family.
So make clear distinctions between your home and work life.